You are part of something big.
In 43 days we have grown to 353 people online, held 3 big meetings with 175 people participating, had 7 small group meetings, hosted the first forum for SC5 Democratic candidates, and collected more than 300 items for two local charities. We are literally capable of moving mountains. Here is how you help do that:
- Volunteer for a campaign. There are 5 progressive candidates running to fill Mick Mulvaney’s seat in congress representing SC’s 5th district and one incredible woman running to replace Norman in the State House. Join their campaigns. Right now. Click the links below for more info and then sign up. What we want to do is use this special election to lay the groundwork for transforming the way people engage in progressive politics in York County. This is about winning, but it’s about something much greater than that. So, join a campaign and let’s get started!
- Donate. If you can’t give time, give money. Or, give both!
- Spread the word. Social media networking is the way we reach across the region and across the country, so download this image and share it to your Facebook feed or email it the old fashioned way. We want people watching this race and this community, contributing funds, and coming to SC5 to canvass. This is about changing the course of history. Use the hashtag #flipthe5th on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to help get the word out.
- Old fashioned postering. Download this poster by clicking here: Go Vote Poster. Print this out, cut the tabs at the bottom, and hang this poster all over the district!
- Stay engaged. Check in with us on Facebook daily to see what we are working on and to volunteer. Look for upcoming text alerts to tell you when to act. And, reach out. If you have ideas or resources that could be helpful, we need to hear from you! We have the potential to create something remarkable. Join us and let’s turn this into reality!~The Team at Rock Hill Rising